6. April: Joe has baby brother. He and Walt walked down the street with us. Fields were burning back of Donnely’s. Went to Dennisville with daddy. Got ice-cream. Mother has cold.
7. April: Got off at Dorchester and came home with Mrs. Chance. Went to Lessburg to Ralph’s. Larkin Club here. Had deviled ham. Janice came up, with Aunt Lillie.
8. April: Made cake instead of taking musics. Served at the Fashion Show. Washed dishes. Took Louise car (?) home. Got hair cut. Aunt Mattie at Millville with mother. Bob read Bible. On refreshment committee.
6. April: Mother has cold. Joe has baby brother. He and Walt walked down the street with us. Fields were burning back of Donnely’s. Went to Dennisville with daddy. Got ice-cream.
7. April: Got off at Dorchester and came home with Mrs. Charles. Went to Leesburg to Ralph’s. Larkin Club (?) here. Had deviled ham. Jancie came up with Aunt Lillie.
8. April: On refreshement committee. Made cake instead of taking music. Served at the Fashion Show. Washed dishes. Took Louise Cox home. Got hair cut. Aunt Mattie at Millville with Mother. Bob read Bible.
7.8 March: Walked down street. Sharpey, Tom, Harry came up with us. Stood out and talked to them. Tom wouldn’t leave. Made doughnuts.
8.9 March: Same as yesterday only Sharpey didn’t come and Tom went on with Miriam. ‘Are you coming out tonight, Miriam?’”
I’m a few days behind, I know. So here are a few days.
1. March: Wore Charles’s ring all day. Henrick walked to history with me. Walked down street. Aunt Lillie gave us hot apple-sauce cake. Joe came part way up with us. Talked to him. Lindbergh baby kidnapped.
2. March: 97% on history test. Hannah Talked to before English. Walking with me afterwards and Bill Cax got between us. Assembly 3:05 - 3:30. Mrs. Mitchell gave outline of senior play. Saw Joe. Miriam and I walked. Spondidly (?) whistled to Zed.
3. March: Kept Janice while Aunt Lillie went to Board Meeting and Mother to Larkin’s. Miriam came down.
“Talked to Shoney. Went to Dorchester and Delmont. Bob Harris swiped my pocketbook. Mr. Bordman took it from him. Went office 3:30. He was sweet. I said, ‘Boys will be boys.’”
“Rained most of day. Uncle Lew and Aunt Maim came up and talked to mother and cried. Walked down street (M & J). Talked to June.”
“Walked down street. Zeb took us for a ride to Mac’s Landing. Carlton, Eleanor, Ruth, Miriam and I played rummy & piffle here. Marshall brought bus down from Leesburg.”
“Bob G (S?) proposed. Tutored Dick McCarthy in Latin. Stayed to Aunt Lillie’s for waffles. Walked up road with Harry about 9 P.M.”
“Helen is back, though her mother is still sick. Senor Mario Capelli sang in assembly. Took a walk down the road. It is moonlit. Harry + Tom came back with us. Mother walked down the road alone.”
“Tues. Miss Clark absent. Mrs. Clark substittuted. Banked quickly. Gave Vie name and he said ‘Thank You.’ Accidently bumped into Leroy. ‘Be good.’ Saw Millard at a distance.”